Sons of Norway International is the largest Norwegian-American organization in the world, with headquarters in Minneapolis, MN. Vonheim is one of the largest social chapters of Sons of Norway International and also meets in Minneapolis.
We promote Norwegian traditions and fraternal fellowship through cultural and social opportunities offered by the lodge, district and headquarters. Activities include language camps and classes, scholarships, handicrafts, cooking and heritage classes, heritage programs, sports programs and travel opportunities.
Please feel free to explore our web site and links to other Nordic resources. We typically meet on the 2nd Saturday of each month at Norway House, at 1pm. We encourage guests to attend and learn more about us.
We offer Norwegian cultural heritage activities that enrich understanding and foster friendships—and are fun! Insurance options and related financial benefits secure the future for you and your family. There are outreach opportunities to help others
Some Upcoming Events and Activities
- Mar 10—1:00pm author Gary Legvold, Norway House, Minneapolis.Click To Learn More
- Apr 14—1:00pm Cancelled Due To Weather, Norway House, Minneapolis.Click To Learn More
- May 12—1:00pm Norway House, Minneapolis.Click To Learn More
2018 International Folk Art Competition and Exhibition
Show off your talent and celebrate Norwegian
culture by participating in the International
Folk Art Competition and Exhibition, part of the
2018 International Convention in Bloomington,
Minn., August 16 -19. Check-in for the event
will begin on August 15, and the exhibits will be
open for public viewing August 17 and 18.
Amateur and professional Sons of Norway members can compete or exhibit work in several Norwegian folk art categories including rosemaling, hardanger embroidery, hand knitting, photography and several others. All participants will receive a certificate of recognition and have the option to compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons.
Members will also have the chance to compete for the Best in Show Award given to judges’ overall favorite item and the People’s Choice Award, selected by popular vote.
Register in Advance!
Pre-registration is the only way to guarantee an artist’s spot in the International Folk Art Competition and Exhibition – space is limited. Registration will be available in the coming weeks, and more information regarding requirements, categories, competition guidelines and more will be posted online at www.sonsofnorway.com/folkart. Please check back often for details.
• All participants must be Sons of Norway members.
• All items must have been completed within the last two years.
• Members do not have to compete in the district level in order to compete in the international level.
• Artists must bring items to the Folk Art Competition and Exhibition themselves or make arrangements for an attending member of their district to bring the items for them.
• Items mailed to Sons of Norway Headquarters or the International Convention location site will not be accepted.
If you have questions regarding the competition and exhibition, please contact Sons of Norway Headquarters at (800) 945-8851.